Trends in Retirement Income Delivery:
Construction, Product Usage and Sales Support
The market for retirement income support is transitioning from hype to reality. As the oldest baby
boomers now turn age 65, advisors across channels are experiencing notable growth from retirement income clients. Product
providers and support platforms that wish to profit from the increasing demand for retirement income solutions - including
fund managers, insurance firms, broker dealers, custodians, technology providers and other service and distribution platforms
- need to understand the approaches advisors use to manage retirement income portfolios, the solutions advisors use to manage
income oriented assets, and how best to reach and support the growing number of practitioners focused on this audience. This
143 page and 102 exhibit report provides in-depth analysis and insight from the unique perspective of brokers, planners and
RIAs who are engaged in the delivery of retirement income and related support.
- How do advisors view the concept of retirement income and how does that differ from how product providers view the market?
- What are the preferred approaches advisors use to build and manage retirement
- Which providers
do advisors prefer to use for retirement income solutions within key product categories?
- How widespread is the allocation of certain vehicles including actively
managed mutual funds, ETFs, annuities and SMAs within retirement income portfolios?
- What benefits and features are most valued by advisors in new retirement
- Which product
providers deliver the best sales support for retirement income?
- What sales, marketing, and practice management support is most used and valued by retirement income advisors?
- What issues are of key concern to advisors in constructing retirement income
portfolios given the changing market?
- What types of retirement income advisors should firms and wholesalers target?
This report is based on quantitative research fielded in November
and December 2010 to a broad cross-section of advisors across all delivery channels. The input from over 260 completed on-line surveys includes practitioners from wirehouse, regional,
bank, insurance, independent broker dealer and RIA firms. The survey findings are segmented, as appropriate, to determine
key differences among different channels and other groups..
Report Order Information
- Price: $6,000 for report in PDF format, with preferred pricing for previous report purchasers and
- Report purchase includes consulting session with report co-authors to review
findings and discuss specific implications
To order the report, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-590-7290